PALEO

Hi world... how was your weekend? Mine was full of Some-Awe... also known as Awe-Some! See what I did there... I know, I know... Genius.

I know you're looking at today's blog title and going "what the heck is Paleo and what the heck does it have to do with your weekend?" I know this because I can read your mind. Right through your computer. Don't believe me? You are now thinking of Jello. No? Okay, just kidding. I can't read your mind. Wouldn't that be super cool if I could though!

Moving on. Or, back... to the Paleo thing.

So, for those of your that do better with visual aides here is the 'meat and sweet potatoes' version of Paleo.

And for those of you who want to "Extra Extra Read All About It", Google It!

I know, I know... you're probably thinking that Paleo looks like no fun. But I swerrr, it's not that bad! Check out Melissa Joulwan at The Clothes Make The Girl for the Yes and No List.

Allright, now that we got that out of the way... you wanna know what Paleo has to do with my weekend?? Well, Saturday the hubs and I went to our CF Box (that's CrossFit Box, for you non-CrossFitters, lol) Urban WarFit CrossFit and participated in the Warfit 30 Paleo Challenge!! Here's how it went down...

8am... Measurements, Weight, and Pictures. I got there 20 minutes early (I am my fathers daughter, for sure). I was numero uno and totally nervous.

9am... Baseline WOD (Workout Of the Day). 500 meter row, 50 Air Squats, 40 Sit Ups, 30 Push Ups, 20 Pull Ups (I did mine with a black band). Mind you... this is after warm up which consisted of a 400 meter run, and 20 minutes of mobility/stretching. There were 3 heats (or groups, if you will). The hubs and I were in heat 2. Wanna see a pic...

That's the hubs with the (new) orange shoes.... and that's me in the construction orange shirt, all blurry and pulling away. So, the point of a Baseline is to see where you are at, physically. At the end of the challenge, on November 17th we will do the exact same thing. Based on the benefits of a Paleo lifestyle, we should see improvements. I'll post my befores and afters at the end of the challenge. I don't wanna jinx myself in any way shape or form. LOL

10am... Paleo Seminar. We got some really great information and inspiration, went over the basics of Paleo and was encouraged to search all over the great wide web for more information. It was awesome, and the best part was I got to meet a bunch of like minded people who are with me in this journey. It's very cool.

Needless to say, I spent Sunday COOKING! Holy Cooking! I was in that kitchen from 9am til nearly 9pm! It was cray-cray! Aren't you just the least bit curious of what was on the menu? Well, sharing is caring... so here ya go party people...

  • Scrambled 12 Eggs with Organic Turkey Chorizo, Onions, Bell Peppers, Spinach and Jalepenos
  • Slice and Roast 10 Sweet Potatoes for Sweet Potato Chips
  • Halve 7 Sweet Potatoes and Bake (those went into the freezer after cooked)
  • Halved and Baked a Spaghetti Squash (half went into the freezer)
  • Halved and Baked an Acorn Squash (went in freezer)
  • Roasted 4 pounds of Broccoli (yes, we eat that much broccoli)
  • Cooked down 2 bunches of Kale with Garlic and Lemon Juice
  • Made Paleo Lemon Blueberry Donuts
  • Made Crockpot Chicken Verde 
  • Grilled 8 Chicken Breasts
  • Grilled 12 Turkey Burgers
  • Cut and Cleaned 4 Whole Stalks of Celery Sticks
This will feed my family until about Wednesday, maaaaaaaybe Thursday. But I already have my next grocery list started. Here is the great thing... my whole family is in on this. The hubs, and both the teen and pre-teen. It has been really awesome to watch both of my kids become very inquisitive and thirsty to know more about eating clean and working hard. But that's totally another post!

To conclude my (very) long post on Paleo... this is what I'm into, this is what my family is into. We've been eating paleo for about 3 months now, not nearly as strict as will be required during the next 30 (now 28.5) days in order to WIN this challenge. It has been a road of small adjustments to get to this place, and I know with the challenge in place it is going to take many more small adjustments to WIN. In all honesty, this challenge is really Me against Myself. It is me making the daily, hourly, and minutely choices to stick with this wholeheartedly, 100%. No matter what the outcome of the challenge at WarFit, we will all be winners for giving it out all. I'm excited about it! I'll keep you updated!

No comments

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall