(not so) happy holidays

deep sigh.
This Christmas was going to be difficult. It is the second Christmas that Daddy is in Heaven, although in so many ways it feels like the first. No matter, we were all doing so well, not to stress or overwork ourselves. The gifts were well thought out and purchased, the wrapping nearly done, the baking completed. It looked to be the promise of a very peaceful Christmas.

Moday, my uncle (my mother's brother) had a massive stroke, and yesterday, he went home to be with the Lord, and to sit next to my Daddy at God's Christmas table.

Uncle Arthur (Turtie) Alvarado
April 3, 1950 - December 22, 20111

Our hearts are ripped wide open again, our sadness is deep, but we are all so thankful for the time that we were able to have with him, and so thankful that he is without pain and spending his first Christmas with God himself. Of course we will miss him, and of course we still miss Daddy. And yes, it will be a very difficult Christmas time. But Glory to God in the highest that he sent his beloved son, Jesus Christ, to take on each and every one of our sins so that we may be reunited again in Heaven. 

Rest in sweet peace Uncle Turtie, and Merry CHRISTmas!

4 comments

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

I know the feeling. I think of my dad constantly (more than normal) around the holidays.... just know they are celebrating with Jesus, and thats amazing.

Gina said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Take comfort in knowing he is in Heaven with your Dad. Big hugs to you my friend.

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle~ My heart is breaking for you and your family~ I am sending you the biggest hug and I am so glad your family is so great and you can spend this time together!
Sending lots of love to you~

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. My heart is with you and your family.

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall