mardi gras

Tumblr_la8dmo7r8m1qbc8ijo1_500_large

have you celebrated mardi gras? i have not. not ever. 
this year i will. sort of.
my sweet cousin (whom i call shaniqua, pron. sha-nee-kwa) is turning 18 this year. she is having a mardi gras themed party. i'm quite excited about the whole 'mask-wearing' part of it. something different, ya know.
i love me a themed party. and usually i'm the one heading up the event, but this year i need to focus a little more on getting through my own issues (you know, like grieving and mourning the loss of my dad... battling the weight i've put on because of said event... finding beauty and inspiration and reason in daily life again...) stuff like that. hehe.
anyway...
my mom was kind enough to send me a few links for masks...

Mom likes this one {credit}





2 comments

Karis Rochelle said...

I have never celebrated either, but the dress in your post totally makes me want to! =)

Gina said...

I've never celebrated Mardi Gras, but I bet it would be a blast. Ooh, looking at all those masks makes me want to celebrate. Have fun!

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall