shopping spree

As I hinted in previous posts, I've had a rough year (actually a rough almost two years). So many changes have occurred in my life, and I do not do change very well. I have struggled more than I'd like to admit to myself or anyone else. I've had good days and bad days, and then really terrible horrible days. But through it all, I've gotten up and faced the day and its challenges. I have worked hard, incredibly hard. That is something I am proud of; it's something that makes me feel like I'm making my Dad proud, I'm keeping my promises to him and staying on that grind. 

Well, suffice to say that I've worked myself right into a bit of a run down. Stress and tears and heartbreak and pain and worry and all those negative feelings that I just don't do well with took over and it was like hitting a brick wall. I literally was on my knees praying for some help. 

And then, this happened.


I was given two mandatory days off of work, and told to go shopping and spend some money on myself (something I very rarely do). I called my Mama, and to the shopping malls we went.

No alarm clocks, no schedule, no worries or stresses or heartache. Just pure Me time. Talk about prayers answered!! What a blessing! 


I really struggled to post about this. I don't mean to come across gloating or righteous in any way. I want this to be an acknowledgement to those who don't understand or don't believe, Prayer works! I wholeheartedly believe that. Prayer for something simple, or something extraordinary and everything in between. God is absolutely listening. He knows each of our desires and our needs. It takes a faithful person to trust Him, and I do. 

No comments

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall