so long 2012


Because you can never have too many photos of your shoes ~ 12.31.2012

Happy New Years Eve!

It's been quite a year, hasn't it.

I, for one, am happy to start a new year, especially this one... 2012 had way too many 'end-of-the-world' connotations for my liking.

2013.

That has a nice ring to it. Plus, I turn 33 in 2013. I've waited my whole life to turn 33. I'm pretty sure it's because I wanted to outlive Jesus. He was 32. And we have the same initials. I know, that's weird. But, well, that's me.

Moving on.

I've been playing around with the ideas of joining in on the following:

Ali Edwards : One Little Word

Project Life : Elise Blaha edition

A Beautiful Mess : 365 Photo Project

I know, I know... all three of these together seem quite ambitious, but if you break it down, they all kind of intertwine together and that is what will make each of these project successful! Sidenote, I'm not making any promises that these will get completed, but the best of intentions are always there.

Usually the list of "resolutions" include such over-played and under-achieved goals such as:
- Lose Weight
- Quit Smoking
- Exercise More

I am not about to set myself up for disaster, so I'm gonna skip all the resolution crap. I do have a list of intentions... wanna hear them. Okay good.

I intend to stick with CrossFit in 2013. In fact, I hope to never stop CrossFitting, as it is quite addicting and much better for me than other addictions like smoking or drinking or doing drugs, all which I am against.

I intend to take more photos in 2013. Hence the above listed projects. But hear me out real quick-like. My babes are growing up and soon they won't let me take photos of them. Sucky, but you know how it is, growing up all teenage-like. Grr.

I intend to blog more in 2013. Can you believe that I only blogged 78 (this is post 79) in 2012!! Cray-cray! I'm typically a 100+ annual blogger. I sucked at blogging in 2012, and I had better make it up to you peeps. Bring on 2013 and the year of blogging we will name as poetic-ramblings-of-a-crazed-30-something-mom-of-teens! Rolls off the tongue, eh? hehehe

Okay, so enough babble. Do you have any resolutions? Any intentions? I wanna know, because I'm nosy like that. lol.

In all seriousness. I wish each and every one of you much love and many blessings in the new year. Good tidings of health and great joy. May peace and love be with you every day. Promisecakes!!

2 comments

Gina said...

Jen, so happy to have you posting on this last day of 2012! :)

I don't have any resolutions set for next year. I probably won't set any either. I feel like resolutions have become the same old song that never goes away. lol

Wishing you & your family a very Happy New Year! Much love to all of you!

Tiffany said...

Your intentions are good ones! I love that idea too~ I have not been good with ever even making resolutions but if I did I am sure I would not have kept them. I have some good goals and things to shoot for but that is about as far as I have thought about it. I hope that 2013 is your best year yet!
xoxox!

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall