consider me reminded, again...


This is my father in law. Ted Coen. 
He died 12 days ago. Twice. 
And God brought him back to us. Twice. 


This man has been a second father to me since I first met him, 17 years ago. To lose him would be like losing my own father... again. I can not explain the emotional roller coaster that our family have been on the past two weeks. I am deeply grateful for the love and support of our friends and family. And I am even more grateful for the hundreds of people who had prayed for Ted, and for our family. People who don't even know us, praying for God to be with us. And he was. He touched each and every one of us, and he gave Ted back to us here on earth. 

This reminder that life is so precious. Life is so short. By the miracle of God are we granted another day. This has been another life changing event for us all. I believe that God has given us this miracle to show how truly great he is, and that in times of sorrow and sadness he is still there for us, loving us and blessing us even though we are sinners and even though we don't feel worthy. God is So Incredibly Good!

Consider me reminded, again...

3 comments

Gina said...

Wow, that's an amazing story. I'm sorry you guys had to go through this, but it certainly puts everything into perspective, doesn't it? The power of prayer is incredible. Big hugs to you & may God Bless your father-in-law.

Tiffany said...

Jen ~ Oh my god, I am so sorry!! I can't believe all that you and your family have been through over the past few years. I am so glad that he is here ~ I hope that things continue to go well. Thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best!
Lots of love to you!

Kristin said...

Wow, i'm so glad he was able to make it through and is still with you today. I'm so sorry you had to go through another rough patch. Hugs!

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall