So, I found this recipe while perusing Pinterest and the recipe comes from Oh She Glows and let me tell you... super easy, and super yum. And, super clean. Great weekday meal! Ready, here we go.
The lineup (aka, your ingredients)... salt, lemon juice, evoo, basil, avocado, garlic.
Blend, blend, blend...
Voila! Top with grilled chicken and dinner is served!
Creamy Avocado Pesto
-- 2 avocados
-- 4 garlic cloves
-- 1/4 cup lemon juice
-- 1/2 cup fresh basil
-- 4 tbsp evoo
-- 1tsp sea salt
-- ground pepper to taste
-- 4 to 6 servings of pasta (your choice) cooked
-- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
1. Cook your pasta, al dente.
2. While that's going on, grill your chicken.
3. Prep your veggies... you know, slice open the avocado and take that nasty pit out, de-skin the garlic cloves, take the basil leaves off the stems.
4. Add garlic, lemon juice and evoo in blender or food processor and blend til smooth.
5. Add avocado, basil and salt. Blend (again) til smooth.
6. Add avocado pesto to naked noodles and mix.
7. Top with grilled chicken and enjoy!
*This dinner is suuuper easy and suuuper yummy, but you gotta like avocado.
*The hubs does not care for pesto, but because he loves avocado, he really enjoyed this.
*Bubba does not care for avocado, therefore he got naked noodles with chicken. No biggie.
*I used pasta that I have on hand... I always keep a couple packs of whole grain spaghetti. I haven't tried spelt or kamut or anything else like that, but I will next time. It's just easy to keep the whole grain because my kids will cook it up and eat it. It's taken a little while (for them) to get used to No regular pasta.
*I doubled the recipe (because there are 4 of us) but this recipe made enough for lunch for 2 the next day.
*I almost always have grilled chicken already cooked and cut in the fridge. Great source of daily protein!
Try this one. It's a keeper!