officially mother of a teenager.

I don't know where the time went, or how the days flew by so fast. But here you are, thirteen. Officially a teenager. Wow. So hard to wrap my head around it. The day you came into our lives, the first time I held you, I could barely see into the next hour, then slowly into the next day, the next week, the next year. I don't think I ever once fast forwarded to 'teenager'. And now, here we are. My sweet baby girl... my first born child and heir to my good looks and sparkling personality. hehe. Yes, we get alot of 'mini me' compliments, but you are completely your own person. You have so much love in your heart for your family and your friends. You care about those around you, you listen and give really great advice to your friends. You are thoughtful with your words. You are so smart. And I don't mean all book smart (although I can rarely complain about your grades). You are smart in a way that you learn from the mistakes and bad decisions that we all make in life, and you choose to change from them. You really are a good kid. Sorry, young lady. You have grown into a beautiful girl, both inside and out. I am so proud of you. I am so lucky that God trusted lil' ol' me to be your Momma. Thank you for being open with me, for sharing your life with me, for letting me be 'cool mom' and your friend. I promise to love you with all my heart and all my soul all the days of my life and eternity. Let's have fun today and celebrate together! xoxoxo Love, Momma

3 comments

Gina said...

What sweet words from Mom! My daughter turned 13 in March. I know how you feel...where did the time go?

Wishing your daughter a happy birthday! I hope all her dreams & wishes come true.

(She really does look just like you!)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Ah, Jen, this is such a sweet and beautifully written tribute to your girl. I'm emotional after reading it because I feel the exact same way about my Carrie. Happy birthday to your beautiful teenager. Enjoy her day!!! ♥

Tiffany said...

This post will be priceless to her forever :)
Happy birthday to your mini me! :)

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall