It's been a long time since I've felt the tiniest bit like the Me before Daddy passed away. Lately there have been moments, small but not insignificant, that I can see life again, feel possibility, smile and laugh and actually mean it. Here are a few of those moments...
- I don't cry everyday but I still hurt, and I don't anticipate the pain going anywhere soon. And that is okay.
- I got back on the treadmill for the first time in a long time. Running one mile kicked my bootay pretty good, but I was filled with joy just to have accomplished it.
- I scrapbooked. Nothing I would say I'm exactly proud of other than the act of actually doing it... man I'm out of practice!
- I painted today. No I don't mean the walls. I painted on canvas. Nothing grand or glorious, just brush to canvas and let go.
- I made cupcakes this morning. Yes, I did. AND I didn't even taste them!
Like I said, in no means are these big life-changing events... but they are small acts that have reminded me that I am still here, even if covered in the dark thick veil of greif.
One step at a time... baby steps...
Thank you for your support.