day three : five songs

(this is me, catching up)
day three : the five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1.  You Are My Sunshine, Carly Simon
This song tops my chart, because when I was first born, this is the song my Daddy sang to me. My entire life my nickname has been his Sunshine. It's a song very near and dear to my heart.
2.  Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
This is a beautiful song that reminds me of my favorite women in the entire world, my mother, my sister, my (deceased) grandmother, and my best friend. I could listen to this song over and over and over. Being the theme song from 'Beaches' (one of my all-time favorite chick flicks) it holds true for those special women in my life.
3.  You're Still The One, Shania Twain
My wedding song. Actually, I wasn't even the one to pick it out... my husband was. And I suppose quite fitting considering that we got married right after having our first child, right after high school, right after being together for 4 years already, and we are still together (11 years later). Wow.
4.  She Will Be Loved, Maroon 5
This song changed my life forever. It was a song I never noticed before. Then I got slapped in the face with it, and suddenly I realized that I am loved. That I deserve to be loved. And that loving me was okay. Because (despite what I may have thought) I deserve love. I deserve being loved. That was a great realization in my life.
5.  Praise You In This Storm, Casting Crowns
Oh, how I love Casting Crowns. This was tough because I almost went with Lifesong. It was a toss up, but Praise You In This Storm seems more along the lines of my life. I am in constant battle with something or someone in my life. It brings me great calmness and clarity to know that in the best of times and in the worst of times I am not alone. God is with me. He loves me for me. And he has the answers to the unanswered prayers. He already knows the game plan, and I can just give it to Him.

1 comment

Ashley Morris said...

Catching up on my blog-reading and saw you were playing along - yay! :)

Great, great choices and I love your reasons why you picked them. I love Casting Crowns...and this is definitely one of my favorites :)

xo!

© something Big is coming...
Maira Gall